INFORMATION ON BACCALAUREATE & GRADUATION CEREMONIES
June 1, 2020
We are now less than three weeks away from having the opportunity to recognize and celebrate our amazing Senior Class! As we approach these special ceremonies, I wanted to provide some specific information that will apply to both events:
- Baccalaureate will be held on Thursday, June 18 and will begin at 7:30pm. This event will take place on the football field at Jim Carroll Stadium. There will be no make-up date if this event has to be cancelled.
- Graduation will be held on Friday, June 19 and will begin at 7:30pm. This event will be held on the football field at Jim Carroll Stadium. If the weather were to cause us to cancel on June 19, our graduation would be rescheduled for June 20 at 7:30pm. If the event had to be cancelled on June 20 due to the weather, it would be rescheduled for June 21 at 2pm. After this, we would schedule for the first night available at 7:30pm.
- Due to social distancing guidelines still in place and consulting with health officials, we will need to limit each graduate to bring up to 4 guests on both nights. Each senior will receive 4 tickets for Baccalaureate and 4 tickets to Graduation for their family/friends.
- Seniors will receive these tickets on the morning of Thursday, June 18 when they meet at the high school to practice for both ceremonies. The high school will be communicating more specific information about this very soon.
- There will be 3 entrances to the stadium for both nights: (1) home side concession building (2) gate by the cafeteria (3) visitor’s side entrance by tennis courts. Everyone must have ticket to enter both nights.
- Seating will be marked on the bleachers in groups of 4 on the home side and visitor’s side. We would ask that the 4 tickets from each graduate sit together on the night you come. Seating will be allowed on the track area but you would need to bring your own seating and please be mindful of the 6’ distance separation guideline from people other than your family members.
- The Hardin County Board of Education will be providing a service to live stream both events so that you can watch and enjoy our events as well if you are not able to attend. More information on this will be made available soon.
We are SO PROUD of ALL our Seniors and we want these events to be very special for them and their families. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in helping make these events go well for them.
Director of Schools
Hardin County School District